GuideWell Innovation, in affiliation with Springboard Enterprises, has selected six health technology companies for the Summer 2019 GuideWell Scale-Up Accelerator cohort. The GuideWell Scale-Up Accelerator is an eight-week technology accelerator program focused on “Scale-Up” health technology or medical device companies. This cohort is dedicated to companies with women founders and are headquartered in the Southeastern U.S. The southeastern U.S. lags other regions of the country in available venture capital, and women founders only raised 2.2 percent of venture capital in 2018.
The six companies competitively selected for the Scale-Up Accelerator from a strong application pool, are:
- 20Lighter (Delray Beach, Fla.): A holistic, lifestyle transformation solution incorporating cutting edge, industry leading health and quality of life outcomes leading to a healthier, happier life experience.
- Azzly (Orlando, Fla.): An affordable, electronic health record and revenue cycle management system specific to addiction treatment and behavioral health care.
- Corstrata (Savannah, Ga.): A specialized Nurse2Nurse Consultations for the management and prevention of complex and chronic wounds for post-acute care providers.
- Healthy Bytes (Winston Salem, N.C.): An online claims management platform for a national network of registered dieticians.
- Heno (Orlando, Fla.): A full-service practice management solution focused on physical and occupational therapy practices.
- Tao Connect (St. Petersburg, Fla.): An online behavioral health company with a proprietary AI-driven cloud platform comprised of interactive modules designed to expand the delivery of behavioral health care services
The pool of applicants for this year’s Scale-Up Accelerator was so strong, GuideWell made the decision to also select an additional five companies to participate in a parallel Emerging Health Tech Accelerator program. The Emerging Health Tech Accelerator will be a 10-week program that provides opportunities for promising pre-revenue health tech companies to tap into the Scale-Up Accelerator program and mentor network, while also participating in additional program elements for early-stage, pre-revenue companies.
The five Emerging Health Tech companies are:
- AireHealth (Orlando, Fla.): Revolutionary care management and drug delivery for respiratory illness via a connected-portable nebulizer.
- Evren (Newberry, Fla.): Wearable neurostimulation therapies for the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Hello Jessie (New Orleans, La.): Backed by Cedars-Sinai and Techstars, provides care coordination and access to today’s leading women’s virtual care services.
- Resility Health (Jacksonville, Fla.): A digital health company with a mission to unlock each person’s power of resilience to achieve peak performance and improve their physical and mental health in the face of stress.
- RxLive (Tampa, Fla.): A nationwide telehealth platform of clinical pharmacists delivering concierge medication counseling to provider’s patients, employer groups, and consumers.
For the Summer 2019 cohorts, GuideWell Innovation is partnering with Springboard Enterprises, a nationally recognized accelerator dedicated to technology companies founded by women. Springboard Enterprises is a nationally recognized accelerator for women-led, high growth, scalable businesses. Since launching its first program in 2000, Springboard has worked with 735 women who have raised $8.5 billion in capital, resulting in 17 IPOs and 185 M&A exits.
“We were thrilled with the quality of the applicant pool of female-founded companies at varying stages, which is why we made the decision to expand the program to include an Emerging Health Tech cohort for earlier stage companies as well as the Scale-Up Accelerator cohort for those that are more established. We are honored to be able to work with these amazing companies,” said Kirstie McCool, executive director of GuideWell Innovation. “The collaboration with Springboard brings forward a fantastic network of mentors that I know will help accelerate the growth of these companies.”
The GuideWell Scale-Up Accelerator kicks off on July 10 with an intense two-day boot camp and cumulates on August 29-30 with a nationally sourced health tech corporate/investor matchmaking event. The Emerging Health Tech cohort will continue through September 13, with additional mentoring and an opportunity to present to investors at the Starter Studio Health Investor Showcase.
About GuideWell Innovation
GuideWell Innovation, a subsidiary of GuideWell Mutual Holding Corporation (GuideWell), drives collaborative innovation for the family of forward-thinking companies that make up GuideWell. Headquartered in Orlando’s Lake Nona Medical City at the GuideWell Innovation CoRE (Collaborative Resources Ecosystem), GuideWell Innovation focuses on transforming the health system into a more integral and useful part of people’s everyday lives by fast tracking the delivery of next-generation health solutions. For more information, visit GuideWellInnovation.com.